in the Heart
Bear Creek Guest House is a delightful vacation rental house near
View of the gardening shed from the back porch of Bear Creek Guest House
Sample Guests' Comments:
Below are some typical comments written in our guestbook by recent visitors:
Thank you for a wonderful stay. This was just what I was looking for—a “home away from home” to bring my soldier returning from Iraq to. I truly believe that when I discovered Bear Creek Guest House it was God sent.
Wow!! The guesthouse exceeded all our expectations. All the girls had a great time.
We had a nice stay. Quiet and peaceful and close to town.
Happy Baylor Homecoming 2011! We had such a great weekend here at your lovely, peaceful home. We surely hope to return! Sic ‘em Bears!
Thanks for another delightful stay! (This was my 3rd time to stay here!)
We came to Waco to run the “Bearathon” and it was so nice to make a family getaway out of it. This was such a fun house and setting for us and our kids! Thank You!
We enjoyed exploring the forest, playing games in the loft and movies with family. Also loved the well-stocked kitchen and the breakfast you brought.
Our first stay. Perfect 5 stars!!!!! Can’t wait to return to our newly found home away from Dallas, TX. See you soon.
Thank you so much for having a place like this for people to stay. It has been a wonderful 2 weeks.
Your thoughtfulness and kindness to our family is amazing. God bless you.
What a wonderful surprise getaway! I felt like I was in Colorado at a lodge.
Thanks for being so nice and accommodating. You take “Southern hospitality” to a new level. We will be seeing you often for the next 3 years.
Beautiful place! A hidden treasure!
This place is fantastic! Just like your hospitality.
This is the bed and breakfast against which all others will be compared...The perfect retreat.
The home is immaculate. It's a comfortable and beautiful place with something to do for everyone, young and old. I've traveled in many states and this has been one of the most delightful places I've ever stayed.
We hope you will come and experience Bear Creek Guest House for yourself and add YOUR comments to our guestbook as well!
How to Get Here:
|To see a map of our location provided by click here.|
When coming from Interstate 35:
1. Take the Exit 330 for HWY 6/340 loop (Robinson/Meridian) and keep to the right, going north, towards
2. Continue out HWY 6 north for 14 miles. (You will cross over the twin bridges at
3. Turn right on
4. Turn right onto
5. Turn right onto the driveway with the large stone showing the words: "BEAR CREEK". You will cross a small bridge over a creek and see Bear Creek Guest House straight ahead, up on a hill. It is gray, with a red front door and has a front porch with a swing. Your hosts, Linda and Warren Johnson, live in the house behind it.
When coming from Crawford (intersection of
1. Take FM 185 east. (You will immediately cross over some railroad tracks and the
2. Continue out FM 185 for 9.4 miles, until you reach the State Highway 6 and FM 185 intersection. (There will be a stoplight at this intersection.)
3. Turn left on to State Highway 6 north and proceed 2.8 miles. You will pass
4. Turn right on
5. Turn right onto
6. Turn right onto the asphalt driveway with the large rock showing the words: "BEAR CREEK". You will cross a creek and see Bear Creek Guest House straight ahead, up on a hill. It is gray, with a red front door and has a front porch with a swing. (Your hosts, Linda and Warren Johnson, live in the house behind it.)
When coming from Clifton/Valley Mills on
1. From the Dairy Queen in Valley Mills, proceed east on State Highway 6, toward
2. As you climb a long gentle hill, you will see a road sign that says "
3. Turn left onto
4. Turn right onto the asphalt driveway with the large rock showing the words "BEAR CREEK". You will cross a creek and see Bear Creek Guest House straight ahead, up the hill. It is painted gray, with a red front door and has a front porch with a swing. (Your hosts, Linda and Warren Johnson, live in the house behind it.)